President George Bush Turnpike – Dallas
The project is located in Dallas, Denton, and Collin Counties and covers 30.23 centerline miles from the Dickerson Parkway to IH-30. DBi Services is responsible for routine maintenance (e.g. sweeping and litter/debris removal), preventative maintenance (e.g. joint and crack sealing), minor repairs (e.g. pavement and bridges), traffic operations (e.g. signs and pavement markings), buildings/facilities maintenance (e.g. janitorial and interior/exterior routine and preventative maintenance), and incident management (e.g. hazmat clean-up). Work activities also include snow and ice control and removal, as well as restriping of the segments of the corridor.
This 6-year contract began in November 2019.
Shortly after beginning work on this contract, our project team was called to respond to a tractor trailer wreck which damaged a bridge wall and released hazardous material. Crews set up MOT and called in a local hazardous materials firm to assist with clean up. The incident was handled within contract timeliness requirements and stands as a testament to our project team’s preparation and training.
Relevant Experience Gained
- Experience gained working in a toll road environment.
- DBi Services continues to gain extensive experience and build significant relationships with all inter-dependent agencies and stakeholders along the tollway.
Value to Customer
- Bundled operations and maintenance minimizes the number of contractors and streamlines the oversight needed.
- DBi Services is familiar with local assets and concerns, and has a solid history working effectively with NTTA.
- Sharing of innovations between all our projects allows this project to benefit from best practices and lessons learned.