Nouvelle Autoroute 30 (A30 Express)- Montreal
DBi Services provides full operation, maintenance and management of the A30 corridor in Montreal, Quebec as part of the NA30 Express Team awarded the concession contract.
DBi Services mobilized its operations for a start date of April 1, 2012 and is fully responsible for Traffic Operations Center (TOC) operations and monitoring, incident and emergency response, traffic control, towing, winter operations and all other comprehensive asset management responsibilities, including routine maintenance, asset lifecycle analysis and rehabilitation of project assets.
As the Operations, Maintenance, and Management lead, DBi Services is also responsible for performing structure inspections similar to NBIS inspection and overall rehabilitation planning and execution across the project’s assets.
The DBi Services operations and maintenance contract is part of a 30-year public private partnership concession.
DBi Services wrote the operation manuals for the A30 Traffic Management Center and operates this facility 24/7, including on-road patrollers supplementing the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and cameras.
To exceed the contract requirements, DBi Services deployed its self-created Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) system for management of all of DBi Services fleet and acts as its own Internet Service Provider for tracking reports and data.
Relevant Experience Gained
- Working in a “Team” environment as the lead O&M firm within the overall project concession.
- Managing and scheduling O&M work within a large, active construction zone.
- Incident and emergency response with towing responsibilities on this critical corridor.
- Operation of traffic management center and dispatch of on-road patrollers and responders.
Value to Customer
- Bundled operations and maintenance minimizing the number of contractors and oversight needed.
- Shift of risk to the O&M contractor for performance measures and availability of lanes.
- Experience in pricing this type of contracting model brings significant financial value.
- Experience with integration of O&M with both project design and project construction to ensure design for maintainability.
- Seamless and safe operation of the roadway MOT during construction as well as maintaining project scheduling.
- Knowledge of contingency planning needed to ensure success when unexpected issues arise.