Interstate 4 – florida
This project consists of 740 lane miles of limited access interstate and 120 raised structures. Included in the I-4 contract are operations and maintenance of two of the oldest rest areas in the state, as well as oversight of four Florida Department of Corrections (DoC) maintenance crews.
In 2014 FDOT began construction of the I-4 Ultimate Public Private Partnership Project, which consists of a 21-mile stretch of roadway in the center of DBi Services’ project areas. This effectively splits our projects into two very distinct parts. As a result, we have to maintain close coordination with the construction contractor regarding road closures and incident response.
DBi Services has the knowledge and experience to respond to multiple accidents at the same time. On January 31, 2014 at 2:10 pm the Regional Traffic Management Center recorded 10 single different accidents on I-4 from Lake Mary to SR 434 and requested assistance from DBi Services. Our incident responders arrived within 30 minutes and the roadway was clear with traffic flowing by 3:05 pm.
Since the start of this project, DBi Services has successfully responded, within all contract time frames, to over 2000 incidents and created over 1800 corresponding work orders, including weekly night work to repair damaged barrier walls.
Relevant Experience Gained
- I-4 is a major corridor throughout Central Florida and DBi Services gained extensive experience and built significant relationships with all inter-dependent agencies and first responders for Emergency Response.
- DBi Services has experience handling the intricate scheduling and management processes involved in utilizing Department of Corrections maintenance crews.
- DBi Services gained extensive experience in coordinating with multiple entities within the high profile I-4 Ultimate Project.
Value to Customer
- Bundled operations and maintenance minimizing the number of contractors and oversight needed.
- In-house services, such as mowing, allow direct control of costs and quality.
- DBi Services has well-established lines of communication with FDOT District 5 management, which ensures consistent information exchange and knowledge of the expectations and preferred methods of the District.
- DBi Services can be trusted to manage DoC crews in a way that can save money for DOTs that are able to utilize this money-saving service.